Shows that have endured the test of time with at least seven or more seasons, not necessarily in my least-to-favorite order.
10. Full House [ From Danny’s obsession with cleaning to Jessie’s perfect hair to Michelle’s “Auscream” and “You got it, dude!”, this show had the right mixture of family love and comedy. Great job, Warner Brothers, Miller/Boyett Productions, and a host of others.]
9. Star Trek: The Next Generation [ The gamble to redo a classic paid off. TNG ran for seven seasons]
8. The Love Boat [ My love of cruising, plus a great theme song, made this highly enjoyable for me.]
7. Little House on the Prairie [ This show plus my # 6 selection centered on good old-fashioned family values.]
6. The Waltons
5. Happy Days [ Another family values sit-com from the 1970s… set in the 1950s. 😉 ]
4. Bonanza [ As a child, I only have a few memories of watching episodes with my grandmother. She loved it.]
3. The original series of Hawaii Five-O [ Book ‘em, Danno]
2. Gunsmoke [Until the Simpsons, this show was #1 in longevity]
1. M*A*S*H [Top notch series. I own all the DVDs.]
Honorable mention: Charlie’s Angels [1076 – 1981. This is my all time favorite show and it gets the HM only because it ran five seasons. Sorry ladies.]
There are a few shows that I did not put in, such as the Simpsons and Saturday Night Live. They are still on the air, and I don’t know how many seasons they will continue to run.
Well, there you have it. Let the debates begin and chime in with a comment if you wish to. Until next week, have a great weekend, and take care.